Friday, February 12, 2010

What Area Would I Like to Work In?

I haven't really given it much thought. North Americans spend billions each year on weight loss or weight management foods and products. That is a huge field, in a manner of speaking. That would definitely be near the top of my list.

Spa's often have either a nutritional consultant or a dietician as an adjunct to their services. However, that doesn't do it for me. I don't feel drawn to this at all. A definite no.

Sports nutrition. Same thing. I've always been the academic type. I wouldn't have anything in common with my clients, nor do I understand what drives them. This is a definite no.

I think I'd like to work in several areas. One would be working for either Weight Watchers, or a similar organization. Well, I don't think I would be working FOR them, but I could be self-employed and have a contract with them. They usually have several groups around any given city and I could work at each one.

Next, if I chose to become accredited as a Registered Nutritional Consultant (RNC), I might be able to work at an elementary school selecting ingredients, and making up meal plans that are healthy for the children.

Yes, these two areas are high up on my list. However, I don't know if school districts have a dietician (someone with a degree in food sciences), already on board.

No comments: