Sunday, March 7, 2010

Future Plans & Goals

Once I've completed this program and have my diploma, I can apply to the Canadian Examining Board of Health Care Practitioners (CEBHCP) for designation as any of the following;

Certified Sports Nutritionist (CSN)
Registered Nutritional Counsellor (RNC)
Certified Natural Health Practitioner (CNHP)
Certified Holistic Nutritionist (CHN)

and I can become;

Health Coach
Weight Loss Consultant
Natural Health Educator/Writer

I am hoping to get a designation as a Certified Natural Health Practitioner and practice as a Wellness Coach or a Health Coach.
In Victoria I hope to find a group of holistic practitioners with an acupucturist, an herbalist, an iridologist a chiropractor, etc, and myself, to round out the team. We would share a group of offices but be independent, but it would be like a mall, or a "one-stop shop for holistic health care. It would be a great idea to have a health food store on the premises as well.
I honestly don't know if such a place exists, but if there isn't one yet, I'm quite certain there will be one by the time I've got my accreditation. If not, I'll present the idea to a few people.

As to how I'll get the money to start, well, frankly I don't have the slightest idea. Maybe I'll be able to find an "angel" investor with some seed money. (Yeah, right.)

The way our health care system is working, or rather, not working these days, holistic health care is really the way our health care system is headed. In Canada doctors are allowed 10 minutes per patient. In the winter you hardly have time to take off your gloves and hat and sit in the chair before your time is up. Doctors fill out slips either to send you off for a test, or to write out a prescription. They never ask questions. It's become an absolutely frustrating experience. If I had the money I would have gone to a naturopathic doctor years ago.

To be blunt, my plans to move to Victoria in large part, mercenary. Victoria has a high concentration of seniors and they have money. Victoria is an expensive city to live and seniors want a good quality of life and don't mind paying for it. I, enjoy helping people and I know I'll do all the research I can so I really know my business. They will get the best possible care that I can offer.

I want to help people plan their physical activities, recommend the right vitamins and minerals and make recommendations to the appropriate holistic and allopathic health care providers. I will take their health histories and ask about allergies etc. I will be very thorough. If they need to see their physician about something, I will make that recommendation as well.
Word of mouth advertising is the best advertising you can get, so I want to do my absolute best.

In the meantime, while I'm studying, I am also working on my own health issues. I want to look my best and to have my own health care regime in place long before I begin treating others.

I am so thrilled when I think about the possibilities for my future. It all comes down to needing more money. I have absolutely no idea how to get this started. I imagine I will be returning to the job counsellor I saw and ask her to contact Service Canada for me. I do believe I have to use an intermediary to get the funding I'll need. I forget the name of the program, but I need to bang on their door again, and more than once. I want the money for 2 more courses. One is a necessity to get the diploma and the other course is optional but it's the last one in the group, and it's called Herbs for Health. So, $650.00 and $550.00 = $1200.00 to complete all the courses.

Then I'll move to Victoria. Oui.

No comments: